The Kumu Art Museum is the headquarters and a branch of the Art Museum of Estonia (Museum of Estonia until 1928), which was built to be a multifunctional contemporary art museum and to also satisfy the need for conserving and exhibiting the world's largest collection of Estonian art, which is comprised of 60,000 works.
For the first time in its almost century-long history, the Art Museum of Estonia has a building that specifically conforms to the needs of a museum and is worthy of Estonian art. The international architectural competition, which was held in 1993–1994, was won by the Finnish architect Pekka Vapaavuori. The construction of the building was started in 2002. The opening ceremonies for the Kumu Art Museum were held on 17 February 2006 and attending by a large crowd of visitors. The doors were opened to the public on Saturday, 18 February at 11 am.
At the end of the 18th century France's best chefs found their way to Russia. The fusion of Russian and French cuisine has given the world a symbiosis eternally rich in flavours and which can be fully enjoyed at our restaurant here in Tallinn.
&nb...
The Estonian Maritime Museum’s ships are truly a treat for all lovers of maritime history and equipment. The submarine Lembit, which was built in 1936, was part of the pre-WWII Baltic Navy. The Suur Tõll, built in 1914, is the largest surviving steam-dr...