The museum was established in 1929. During the 1930s, antiquities were displayed in the watchtower of Haapsalu episcopal castle only during summers because the museum did not have its own building. In 1946, the museum was given the town hall dating back to the 18th century and the first permanent exhibition was opened in 1950.
In 2014, a new permanent exhibition called "Guide to the Resort Town" was opened.
Location: Elbiku küla / Ölbäck, Lääne-Nigula vald, Läänemaa, 91202
The advantage of our Holiday Village is the beautiful nature of Läänemaa. Experiences and quality are our trademarks. We have already been operating since 1990 and know how to meet the expectations of our customers.
We have a lot to offer in a...
Location: Spithami küla / Spithamn, Lääne-Nigula vald, Läänemaa, 90506
Metskapten's (self-made captain's) Holiday Home is situated in the scenic and serene village of Spitham.
The location of our tourist farm provides you a cosy and private place for a vacation in a beautiful natural setting.
Our gue...
Spithami village in Noarootsi rural district in Lääne County is a settlement of old coastal Swedes, surrounded by a forest rich in berries and mushrooms, a sea rich in fish, and fresh air with numerous bird species.
These two log buil...