The museum on the ground floor of a neo-baroque building erected for the castellan of Kadriorg in the mid-19th century shows the last apartment of one of the best-known Estonian writers of the early 20th century – Eduard Vilde (1865-1933).
The writer lived in a light six-room flat together with his wife and mother-in-law in 1927-1933. The furniture made at the Tallinn Luther factory, the original interior doors and tiled stoves have survived. The balusters of the wooden staircase that date from the turn of the 19th and 20th century are also original.
E. Vilde Museum has been on the premises since 1946. The present-day display provides a survey of the writer's life and work and gives a very good idea of the urban mode of life in the 1920s. The halls on the first floor are used for art, literary and cultural history exhibitions.
Tallink Tennis Centre of 14 500 square metres has 14 tennis courts, 10 badminton courts, 3 group training areas, a large gym and several other visitor and personnel areas.
Tennis and badminton enthusiasts will be pleasantly surprised ...
This large tower with an intriguing name was first mentioned in 1373. The name was given by the tower’s chief Hinse Meghe. He must have had his reasons – many ghost stories are related to the tower too. Among other things the tower has been used as a pr...