The museum was established in 1929. During the 1930s, antiquities were displayed in the watchtower of Haapsalu episcopal castle only during summers because the museum did not have its own building. In 1946, the museum was given the town hall dating back to the 18th century and the first permanent exhibition was opened in 1950.
In 2014, a new permanent exhibition called "Guide to the Resort Town" was opened.
Spithami village in Noarootsi rural district in Lääne County is a settlement of old coastal Swedes, surrounded by a forest rich in berries and mushrooms, a sea rich in fish, and fresh air with numerous bird species.
These two log buil...
Ilon’s Wonderland is a gallery and theme centre for children and families based on the works of the world-famous illustrator of children’s books – Ilon Wikland.
Here you can take a look at the room of Karlsson-on-the-roof, find characters familia...
Location: Kadarpiku küla, Lääne-Nigula vald, Läänemaa, 90801
Ants Laikmaa (born in 1866 in Vigala) was the first Estonian artist and educator and acquired his education in St Petersburg and Düsseldorf. While on the island of Capri he met Maxim Gorky and drew a pastel colour portrait of the writer. The house also ...