The text on the bridge Otium reficit vires, Leisure renews the
powers calls to visit Toomemäe as a place to take a break at. The
name Angel Bridge is probably derived from its “English origin” –
the whole park at Toomemäe is of English ...
A 14th century Bishop Stronghold is situated in the Parish of Vastseliina, in Vana-Vastseliina. The Stronghold was erected on the initiative of the Bishop of Tartu and the Order Masters of Livonia and thanks to rebuilding and expanding works it became a...
The Botanical Garden of the University of Tartu was founded in 1803, near what is now the Vanemuine Old Theatre House. In 1806 the garden was relocated to more suitable site, on the ruins of the ancient city wall and fortifications near the river ...